Thursday, January 3, 2013

You're Grounded Forever...But First Let's Go Shopping, Susan Shapiro Barash

Ok. I have a confession. I read this book several...SEVERAL months ago. So I don't remember the details. BUT I DO remember feeling like a LOT of my life both as daughter and mother was finally explained to me. Sometimes I still am not sure how to break out of the mold (WHY does SHOPPING have to be bonding practice we fall back on the most?), but it was a really great read. One I should probably read again-at each different stage of my daughter's lives :-) Of course, I didn't agree with everything-based on my own moral and religious views, but no one is going to agree 100% of the time with everything, right? Thought provoking and powerful-even if you don't have a daughter-it can help you better understand your mother and maybe nieces or cousins-or half the human population and what makes us XX chromosome carrying humans tick :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment