Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Favorite, Kiera Cass

This was the last novella I had to read of this series.

I give it 4.5 stars. It was a little over the top gushy, but then I had to remind myself that the main character IS a teenage girl, what can I expect? I was like that when I was 17 too.

The best part of this novella is that you get to see Maxon from a completely different point of view. Not through a parents' eyes, not through his own eyes, not through America's eyes. And I think that's important. What Maxon does for Carter and Marlee-and others-shows how one generation truly CAN choose to put aside what they've know, experienced and been taught, and become BETTER. This is the story that made me realize that Maxon truly is a good guy and truly tries to do what's right and what's best. He may not always do it perfectly, but the fact that he tries speaks volumes in my opinion. When your heart is in the right place, that's what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment