Friday, February 20, 2015

Artemis Fowl, the Arctic Incident, Eoin Colfer

My book cover didn't look like this. But the URL worked for the link, so there ya go!

I enjoyed this novel's twists and turns. I'm reading these as my daughter is reading them. We've decided once we finish Fabelhaven that instead of reading out loud together all the time, we'll read the same book at the same time and then talk about it at night. She's almost 10, so I figure it might be a good way to discuss *interesting* topics in a hypothetical situation of fictional characters that might help with real life situations in a round about way.

Anyhow....I enjoyed the development of Artemis' character and how he slowly is realizing that he is not God's ONLY gift to intelligent life. He's now willing to admit that he's one of the best on Earth.

I like how Artemis problems solves and strategizes and makes calculated risks. There are some very real things that we do in life that require us to take risks, but there are differences between risk that are well researched and those that are not. It's kind of nice to see a glimpse of his thought process as I think it could be helpful for young readers when trying to make decisions of their own or trying to figure out a hard problem they are facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment