Friday, July 20, 2012

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, JK Rowling

I read this out loud to my 7 year old. We loved it. I loved it for the second time and she loved it and makes up extra stories about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I love that generations are growing up knowing how to say the name Hermione. I didn't know how to pronounce it until the author spells it out in the 4th book, I believe. But I love it.

I still have yet to meet a match for the prowess of words and plot that belongs to JK Rowling. Having been the catalyst for many young children to start their love of reading and once the series was complete to yearn for more-anything more-re kindled the love of reading in a generation. Hopefully it will continue to to do this for many generations to come.

If you haven't read these before, you really should. Don't let the magic aspect deter you-it is a classic battle between good and bad, good and evil, the Dark side and those who would oppose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment