Friday, October 21, 2011

The Undaunted, Gerald N. Lund

This is a Historical Fiction (I absolutely LOVE this genre because it helps history to come alive and become more memorable to me). It is an account of the Hole in the Rock Pioneers of the late 1800s. (For more information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, sometimes referred to as Mormons, please visit The Official Church Website or Mormon.org)

Being a member of the LDS church, I was really surprised that I had never heard of this Hole in the Rock expedition. But that's also what made it that much more enjoyable for me, everything was new and I didn't anticipate events, such as when I read The Work and the Glory series or Fire of the Covenant (both by Gerald N. Lund and all historical fiction).

As usual, in addition to the historical facts being presented in a poignant way and explanatory notes at the conclusion of each chapter, there is also some innocent romance along the way. It's long, but it's good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment