Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Album


So this book I listened to on Audio and it was absolutely fantastic! The narrator did a wonderful job with the voices and character. There were even some sound effects spread throughout.

This book is one of the Rory Gilmore challenge ones and also fit the 2017 Challenge for a book over the span of a person's life. It starts on the last day of Eddie's life but flashes back to several of his birthdays, including the actual day his was born.

I really enjoyed this book. There was a lot of wisdom spread throughout. I liked the idea that Heaven means that we will finally understand why things happened or didn't happen to us while we were alive. I like that idea of understanding. It also resonates with my religion, that at some point we will be given perfect understanding of every experience. It was also interesting to me that as Eddie meets with some of these people he is allowed to give forgiveness or ask for forgiveness-something that would have been impossible during his lifetime. I also believe that there is a chance for forgiveness in heaven. That there isn't a too late.

I give this one a 4 star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment