Thursday, March 5, 2015

Septimus Heap, Angie Sage

This book (series) came recommended by a friend, so I got it on my Kindle and couldn't put it down! Adventure, secrets, intrigue, good vs. evil.

You get just enough information about the world around you to sort of figure out where and when you are, but not quite enough for my taste. I kept wanting MORE so I could try to place my mind where they are at in terms of technology etc. Of course, there was something that I figured out about halfway through and it BUGGED THE HECK  out of me that NO ONE ELSE in the book had figured it out! I felt like it was brazenly obvious. But maybe that's how life is; we can't see what is obvious because we are in the middle of it (no doubt with emotions and other distractions), but if we were to write out a current situation in prose, from the point of an observer or narrator other than ourselves, it would become painfully obvious.

I've got a long line of other books that I need to finish before I can continue on in this series, so while it was extremely captivating, it isn't like some other series where I just HAVE to stop everything and read the next one before I go to anything else. Overall, I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment