Monday, November 17, 2014

Michael Vey, Hunt for Jade Dragon, Richard Paul Evans


Book 4. Wow, just as fast paced as usual! However, I do have to warn that there were parts of this book that were MUCH more predictable than others and many more hunches of mine proved correct than in the previous books. I'm not sure if that's just because I'm more used to the writing style and the story line of this series, but that gave me mixed feelings. I don't want a book to be predictable, but at the same time, it's fun to be right. :-)

I can't write too much without spoiling things, and I don't want to spoil things. However, this one was the first one that really left quite a large cliff hanger at the end, which is really a bummer since I found out there are going to be EIGHT (or was it 7?) books in the series and the next one will hopefully be out in a year. Part of me wants to read them as they come out. Part of me wants to wait 4 years for the series to be finished.

Dr. Hatch is more evil than ever. He still makes me sick to my stomach. And what makes me even more sick is how the Electric Children or Glows who are with him are becoming more and more like him in their evil and how they view and treat other human beings. It is truly disgusting stuff and not for the faint of heart. His eventual downfall will be something akin to the downfall of Dolores Umbridge. I never EVER thought there would be a character quite as horrible as Umbridge, but Hatch is her times a million in how horrible and truly evil he is. Yes. He needs to go DOWN and it's almost traumatic to realize that there are several more books before I'm certain it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment